Please note: you can request that we remove your data at any time. If you wish us to remove your data, please contact us.
What data do we collect?
We only collect data you provide to us. At present, this is limited to the following data:
- E-mail address. This is used to register an account on our website in order to access member-only content. It is also used to subscribe to e-mail notifications from us.
- Name. This is used to register an account on our website in order to access member-only content.
- Password. This is used to register an account on our website in order to access member-only content. We cannot see your password. It is securely stored on the server in order to authenticate you when you log in to your account.
- Postcode. We use this to confirm that you are a member of the Society before we grant you access to member-only content on the website.
How do we collect your data?
We only ever collect the above data, or parts of it, if you decide to provide it to us. We do not collect any data without your permission. The only way we can collect this data is if you input it in the relevant registration / subscription form and submit it to us.
Currently there are four ways you can submit data online to us:
- By using the subscription form on the website in order to receive online notifications.
- By registering an account on the website in order to access member-only content.
- By using the contact form on the website in order to contact us.
- By e-mailing us direct on one of the e-mail addresses provided on the website.
How will we use your data?
We will only use your data for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the registration of an user account on the website in order for you to access member-only content.
- To confirm you are a member of the Society before granting you access to member-only content.
- To send you e-mails about website updates and news.
- To reply to you after you have contacted us via the Contact form or directly via one of the e-mail addresses listed on the website.
We do not use your data for any other purposes. We will never share your data with any other parties.
How do we store your data?
Your data is stored at secure servers provided by our hosting provider and our e-mail delivery software. We do not keep any physical copy of your data.
We only store your data until you tell us that you wish us to remove it. If you wish your data to be removed, please contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
The Scottish Place-Name Society would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information.
The website of the Scottish Place-Name Society DOES NOT collect, store, or use any cookies.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by visiting their website – click HERE.